wiki staff ratios forecast otms links

Closed
New Poll

riders on the storm, tev/bahari
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv
 Posted: Dec 25 2015, 11:16 PM
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv
66 year-old female Fairy from Tatu
who's to say, what's to know golden rule, it's just for show make it what you want

pansexual
she/her

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Tev had the oddest feeling, like electricity in her teeth, prodding at her gums and sparking between her slightly parted jaws. The feeling of the future about to crash over her like a wave on the shore.

It was likely anticipation. Sometimes it tasted different, but Tev found that anticipation, excitement, or frustration tended to smell like ozone and taste like a coming storm. Her feelings were wound up inside of her, pushing up and out. She felt like she was gonna throw up.

In a good way.

The kind after it was over with you knew you'd feel better.

Tev was led out to the eyrie after Kalall had graciously offered her a position with the sorcerers. (And wasn't that incredible! She'd gotten what she wanted! She was looking forward to a dozen years spent studying magic.) And now she was standing atop a cliff, and the sun appeared to be rising on the horizon.

An auspicious start.

The calling was simple in theory. She had to speak a spell, asking for her fated dragon to join her. The problem was that Tev wasn't a speaking mage. Oh, Tev knew the spell was less of a Spoken Magic and more of a request sent straight to the soul of their mount. She didn't need to fret that she wouldn't be able to use it.

It just felt strange to be, well, speaking a spell. Tev, unused to the syllables of the ancient magic language, found herself stumbling over the pronunciation. She had to recall the lessons she'd sat in on when she was a little tot, before she'd found her talent in written magic.

Tev hadn't attempted to speak Polturrean since she was practically a baby. For the first time in a long time, she felt her face heating up as her veins dilated in an effort to make her inability even more apparent.

"Bee? AhkuhwuuhteH?" Tev sounded out, almost under her breath, eyes boring into the paper, clutching it so tightly she thought it would tear. "M, mkupuru obionyenke...ehluiigwe."

All the while, she focused, as hard as she could, on the meaning of the words. On what she intended to do. She imagined her words drifting away on the winds, as they sometimes did, spiraling far away. She imagined them tucking their way into the ear of a dragon.

A landvaettir, most likely, considering her class. And she was sure it would be landvaettir. There was no better class for her; she couldn't imagine being in any other. Magic was her calling, but so was adventure and excitement.

She pictured the towering native of alluum. It was almost funny. She was a small fairy, herself. She spoke the spell faster and faster as she went, picturing a dragon all the while, so that the words blended together. Everything came out with a Tatian twang to it.

"Mezueanụ ohaieea nakmm mikk'pa."

She bit her lip and looked around, as though she expected the dragon to appear out of nowhere.

500 words • Bahari
PM
^
Bahari
 Posted: Dec 26 2015, 09:35 PM
Bahari
653 year-old Male Landvættir from Alluum
N/A

Pansexual
He/Him

Until then, Bahari’s life had been relatively uneventful. Ever since he was hatched, he had made his home on a small island off the coast of Alluum, where he was alone but also at peace. He lived off fish and other sea creatures, basically anything that strayed too close to his territory. Occasionally he would explore past his island, but he was too proud of his home to be gone for too long. He didn’t want another dragon claiming his territory for their own while he was gone.

But today, Bahari’s life would change. Whether for good or for bad, it was uncertain.

He was laying on his island in the sun, enjoying the salty smell of the sea and the relaxing sounds of the waves crashing on the rocky shore. He was gnawing on the remains of a tiger shark, sound like a content growl coming from deep in his throat. But then he started to feel something like a shiver running up his immense spine.

He lifted his head, turning from side to side to try and figure out what was going on. He felt compelled to fly all of a sudden, even though a second ago he wanted to lie in the sun and sleep all day. He finished off the tiger shark, and stood up with his wings spread out to catch the sharp ocean air.

Then, with a powerful push from his wings, he was in the air.

He didn’t know exactly where he was going. It was like instincts had taken control of him and was leading him to a place he didn’t know himself. But he thought about his island, and about how that had been his home for the past six centuries. This new place he was going, would it allow him to return? He was afraid of being gone for too long, and having new dragons make their homes on the island by the time he returned.

After quite some time of flying, he arrived at his destination. It was a school, high up in the mountains. Bahari was confused, and while his instincts began to die down and he regained control of his body, it was curiosity now that drove him forward. There was a large cliff-looking area, big enough for even a landvættir to stop and sit. It was the only place for a dragon as large as he to stop, anyway, so he flew up to it.

When he got close enough to it, he realized it wasn’t completely empty. There was a humanoid standing there, as if waiting for something. Was she waiting for… him? Was she what caused him to come here? Bahari carefully landed down on the cliff, and lowered his head to be closer to the girl. ”What… what is this?” He asked, confused. ”Who are you?”
@tev . 473 words
PM
^
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv
 Posted: Jan 14 2016, 11:47 PM
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv
who's to say, what's to know golden rule, it's just for show make it what you want

pansexual
she/her

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Tev clasped her hands before her, scanning the sky for any flying creature that could resemble a dragooning any way, shape, or form. It might be a landvaettir, and it might be something else. It was always interesting to consider that perhaps her fated soulmate was not the dragon of the class she had chosen. In fact, it was possible the dragon would be one of the classes she had rejected, or one of the classes who had rejected her.

Tev wondered what her dragon would be like. Would they like her? Would it be one of those sorts that rejected the notion of being a rider's dragon and tried to leave? How interesting would that be!

She bit her lip, and it tasted like anticipation (which tasted a little like burning rubber and a little like un-dyed cotton). Her insides thrummed in unison with some distant bell, some magic call thrown forward from her self. She was both unstoppable force and immoveable object, throwing off ripples of spacetime distortion and pulling everything closer like planets falling into a black hole.

And there it was! A pang. A pang that hurt and burned brightly. Her mouth fell open.

Her eyes widened.

And widened further.

Her smile felt like it would break her face.

He was big! He was so big! He was incredible, when she thought of her small, fragile frame before his massive body, she trembled in excitement and anticipation. Here, out in the open of the eyrie, between rock and the open sky, she felt no inhibition. There was no reason not to unfurl her wings, though they were large and skin-colored and tipped with sharp-edged bone.

Indoors, she had to worry about other people. Knocking things over or skewering things. Out here, she could fly up, and up, and up. She let her wings carry her up to closer to his face, right up next to his large eyes and stared into them like she could spot the answers to the questions of the universe there.

Her grin was manic, though inviting in the way one invites danger to their doorstep.

"This is Evercrest! You may or may not know about it, but it's kind of a school of sorts where people gather to learn all kinds of things and they also like to find their soulmates to help them learn and explore! Isn't that intriguing, really wonderful in a way, right? You know about andzkin yeah? Soul mates! I called you here, and you called to me, and we called each other because we're really the same person sort of? You probably know that though, I bet, sorry I'm just really...!"

She paused to catch a breath. She let her wings hold the magic-molded air that kept her in the air. She smiled joyfully at the dragon.

"Well, I'm Tehahviavehhl S'ttv, but you can call me Tev because that's really hard to say for some people and probably some dragons. I'm...well, I'm a fairy! And I'm your andzkin I think?"

She felt nervous and happy and excited and scared. She wanted to explode into motion. She wanted to fly around or scream or do jumping jacks or design a complex barrier spell utilizing particulates in the air.

She desperately wanted to touch her dragon and seal the deal.

"What do you think, huh? If you have a question I can answer it! And if I can't answer it, we can find out together, right!"

578 words • Bahari
PM
^
Bahari
 Posted: Jan 16 2016, 10:01 PM
Bahari
N/A

Pansexual
He/Him

Bahari was surprised. He had heard about dragons getting bonded to people. But now that the fairy had explained, he was beginning to understand. Andzkin, yes. He also heard about how that. Now that he understood what was going on here, he didn’t feel quite as nervous. And his andzkin, who introduced herself as Tev, seemed like a energetic one! Hopefully this was a good thing for him.

”Hello, Tev!” He grinned, feeling the excitement rising in his body. ”I don’t really have any questions. I more or less get what’s going on here. I’ve heard about it from passing dragons.” But then he felt a sort of nervous feeling wash over him. ”My only concern is… my protectorate. It’s was an awesome one, too! It was a peaceful little island off the mainland…. Do you think I’ll be able to return to it at times?”

The more he thought about it, the more he began to worry. ”I don’t wany other dragons taking it! Maybe… maybe we can go there together? Are we able to do that?” He glanced around at the surrounding area. “Evercrest” the girl had called it. Even though he still missed his protectorate, he wondered if this place wouldn’t be too bad. Besides, it was a whole new place to explore! That would be fun.

He glanced back down at the fairy. ”I mean… uh, we don’t have to do that very often. I want to look around this place, too! Maybe… maybe it’ll be better here?” After all, Tev and he were soul mates, more or less. Maybe it was his destiny to be here. He didn’t want to disrespect that and return to his old home. He didn’t want to hurt her feelings, and make her think he wanted to leave. He shook his head, letting out a little nervous huff. ”I… I don’t know what to think. This is so new and different! It’ll probably just take time to get used to?”
@tev . 330 words
PM
^
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv
 Posted: Feb 19 2016, 04:51 PM
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv

pansexual
she/her

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
"We can go wherever you want big guy!" Tev assured him. "You should really get out more, though. I've been just about everywhere there is to be and I still haven't seen every little bit of it, you know. There's so much out there! And you're a water dragon, so we can cook up a spell to breathe underwater and go explore the ocean!"

Her eyes were decidedly starry at the idea. To think she hadn't even considered it sooner! Would her wings work underwater? How exciting! She didn't know if liquid changed the way spell-forms oscillated–did she need a buffer element to handle the warp of waves? Or was it a different sort of spell type?

She should have realized this so much sooner! A whole type of problems and places she hadn't even considered! They were already going somewhere new and they hadn't even left yet!

"Do you have a sign? You should put up a sign with your name on it!" She mimicked the shape of a sign (it was an octagon), and went to write his name in it...then paused. "Hey, you didn't give me your name yet! What am I gonna call you big guy? Unless you just wanna be Big Guy for the rest of my life, which I could totally do. I'm probably gonna say it a lot anyway, I bet."

"Don't worry, big guy, I'm good at adapting! I'll help you out! We're soulmates, we gotta stick together."

Then, because she couldn't quite contain herself anymore, Tev dove forward, swooping through the air to give the landvaettir the biggest hug she could manage–wrapping her arms around his snout. It was like hugging a big, rough tree. She couldn't even get her arms all the way around him.

She felt a tingle of magic, like that which had drawn her andzkin to her, wriggle its way through her lower belly. It tightened, pulling taught.

Oh yeah, she had to touch her dragon friend to complete the bond right?

Sometimes runes appeared. She fluttered away and watching in excited agitation for any changes.

"How's that, feel any different?"

354 words
PM
^
Bahari
 Posted: Feb 21 2016, 03:29 AM
Bahari
N/A

Pansexual
He/Him

Bahari couldn’t help but feel entertained as the small fairy Tev spoke, calling him “Big Guy”. Compared to most Landvættir, he was actually pretty small himself. Maybe this was intentional, a small fairy being bonded to a small Landvættir. But he was pleased to hear that the two of them could travel. Hearing that one day they might be able to even have a spell that would allow them to breathe underwater together made him even more excited! Perhaps the energy he was receiving was just from her enormous amounts of energy.

Tev continued to speak, fairly quickly at that, and the next thing he knew she was exclaiming how he hadn’t given her his name. He felt a little disappointed at himself. Where were his manners? ”Oh, my name! I'm sorry! I'm Bahari!” As he spoke his name, he flexed his wings and did a little dramatic pose. He wanted to try and match Tev’s energy levels, and be as enthusiastic as she was. ”Uh, I don’t mind if you call me Big Guy, though! But at least you know my real name, now!” He barely had time to finish speaking before Tev was rushing up to give him a hug. Her arms wrapped around his snout, and he jumped up a little in surprise. Then he felt a warm, tingling feeling in his forehead. Tev jumped back, and Bahari shook his head a little to see if the tingling would go away. Tev was asking him if he felt any different when suddenly images began to flash in Bahari’s mind. He realized these were memories, Tev’s memories! They all flashed through so fast, though subconsciously he was able to keep track of them on a basic level. Some things remained, like the smell of wine from Tev’s homeland and the excitement of exploring the world before finally coming to Evercrest.

When the flashes of memories ended, Bahari stepped back to gather his bearing. “Whoa! I–I do feel different, now.” He also felt something new on his forehead. A rune, he learned from looking through the new memories he gained. He went cross-eyed trying to look at it, though, and shook his head. ”So… that was it? We’re officially bonded, then!” He couldn’t help but temble with excitement.
@versias . 473 words
PM
^
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 10:11 PM
Tehahviavehhl S'ttv

pansexual
she/her

Tehahviavehhℓ S'ttv
"Big Guy Bahari," Tev confirmed with the biggest smile on her face, absolutely committed to using every variation she could think of at the slightest provocation. They would be good friends. Excellent partners in all things, she expected. Exploration and adventure, battle and study!

Tev could smell the sea. Which was not uncommon for her. However, she thought perhaps this sea was something she'd never smelt before, something that existed in actuality. It was a place and time she had never been but could remember. Like déjà vu except not really.

She felt a frisson of pleasure run through her, a certain amount of wanderlust that tasted entirely different from her insatiable desire to walk the earth in search of bigger and better adventures. She licked her lips as though she could taste the feeling in the air, but it was something inside her this time. Or rather, something from someone else entirely. It was strange not to know the tang of anticipation along with the feeling.

How interesting! Her eyes widened as they set on the Connection of Three–something she had studied though Tev could not use runic magic. (It was too at odds with her own brand of written magic; she found she was hardwired in a way that rejected its very nature.) It was sad that it had no practical application, but she had never been one to reject knowledge for knowledge's sake. And now, and now! It came to fruition! Like everything in her life had been leading up to this moment, ribbons fluttering out from behind and into the future endlessly, but bound at the middle by this dragon who was her other half.

Could he taste the storm in the air like she could? Could he see the way her words hung in the air after she'd spoken them, glittering with the potential of all they could say? Or did he feel himself through her own senses? Could he feel her thoughts racing? Was he being dragged along or was he hopelessly lost in the sway of it all?

She squealed in delight, trembling at the weight of the situation. She might faint at any moment! She jumped up and hugged Bahari once more.

"We're bonded!" She laughed. She felt relieved in a way. Had she been worried she wouldn't bond? She didn't think so. But she felt relieved all the same. Maybe it was that they were sharing the load now; she bore his loneliness with the ease of a woman who had never felt such a thing in her whole life. Alone, maybe, but never lonely.

He shored her up, too. She felt like she'd found an island in a vast, turbulent sea! How funny, that he was the rock he'd protected for so long. It was fitting in a way!

She kissed his scales. "Together forever?" she asked, almost shyly.

Strange, she'd never felt shy a day in her life. Having someone dug so deep into her was something unusual. She'd get used to it eventually–she was nothing if not adaptable!

510 words • @Bahari
PM
^
Bahari
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 06:45 PM
Bahari
N/A

Pansexual
He/Him

Seeing how happy and excited Tev was filled Bahari with even more excitement. Especially since now he could sense her thoughts and emotions thanks to this rune, the two of them were two combined masses of emotion. Thoughts raced through Bahari’s mind, anticipation for the future, hope for adventure, and so much more. He wondered if that was Tev thinking, or him.

He could suddenly sense that Tev was smelling the ocean in her mind. It was weird, being able to tell what the little fairy in front of him was experiencing. He watched her constantly fly back and forth, squealing and making other excitable noises. She had so much energy! But now, hopefully with the rune, Bahari would be able to catch up to her! But at the moment, he was trying to get used to being able to sense nearly everything Tev was sensing. It was so much to take in, his whole body shivered with excitement.

Tev flew up to him and gave him another hug, and Bahari let out a joyful laugh. He thought about the path his life was taking now. In the heat of it all, he almost forgot about his past, his protectorate. All that mattered now was the present, here and now, and the future he’d have with Tev.

Bahari felt a light peck on his scales from Tev, and heard her speak. Together forever? He could feel how sheepish she was in asking it, but he understood her. It was still a strange sensation, but he knew he could get used to it. He swayed his body back and forth, doing what he could to respond to the hug and kiss she had given him. ”Of course! Together, forever and always!”
@versias . 290 words
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

RPG-D
0 words