nothing can ever be the same, arwen x deepa
Arwen Hund
 Posted: Jul 27 2015, 04:38 PM
Arwen Hund
150 year-old Female Drow-Elf from Alluum
N/A

Bisexual
she/her

Arwen made her way through the Gold Tower, carrying bags that held her luggage. She was making her way to her dorm. She was given a slip of paper with the dorm number on it, along with a key to open the door. She was told she would have a roommate, too, another girl, but she wasn’t told exactly who she was. She would just have to figure out who she was when she got to the dorm.

Finally, she got to her dorm. She hesitated outside the door, though, the key raised in her hand. The Gold Tower was quite literally, everything being super amazing and over-the-top. What would her dorm look like? Probably just as extravagant, she assumed. She took a deep breath, and put the key into the lock, turning it until she heard a click and the door opened.

When Arwen saw the room, her jaw dropped. It was indeed like the rest of the tower! There were two full-size beds, a dresser for each person, and a couple desks on the opposite wall. There was another door that Arwen assumed lead to the bathroom. It was all very spacious, very clean, very…. Arwen had trouble finding the right words to describe it. She was the first one to the dorm, too, so she guessed she got to choose which bed she got or whatever. They were both exactly the same, though, so it didn’t even matter.

Arwen chose the bed to her left, and tossed her bags onto it. She started emptying the bags, putting her close and everything else into the dressers. She only brought the bare minimum of what she thought she’d need, and was sure she’d be able to buy more things as time went on.

Once she was finished emptying her bags into her dresser, there was nothing else for her to do but wait for her roommate to appear. She wandered the room, just looking at everything closer. She wondered what her roommate would be like. Would she be friendly? Chatty? Rude? Hopefully they’d be friends; they were going to be living in the same room for the next twelve years, weren’t they?
@deepa . 363 words
PMEmail
^
Deepa Enmal
 Posted: Sep 12 2015, 01:13 PM
Deepa Enmal
19 year-old female Necromancer from Alluum
N/A

pansexual / homoromantic
she/her

Deepa still couldn’t wrap her head around the idea that she was here. Her brain would be replaying the moments over and over again, but there were so many. There was the second she finished her exam, holding her breath as she looked out at the audience of heads that held their judgements on their tongues. There was the minute where Morgan Daivat, head of the couriers, so graciously stood and invited her into the class. Invited her of all people, a necromancer at that, into one of the most prestigious classes of Evercrest. Not that the other classes weren’t amazing as well, but the couriers? They were selective and played the most visible role in all of Alkheist. Her heart still raced as she recounted following the man out to the platform where she summoned her dragon as well. Those few minutes had felt like an eternity.

And now she was here. She was standing in the halls of Gold Tower, named so literally she could cry. This luxury was more than her wildest dreams had grappled with. Her thoughts tugged at the back of her head to her parents, who would hopefully be proud that she’d made it this far. They loved her and she knew it, and felt them every step of the way. She would make it here, for them. She would right this world to the best of her ability, with the opportunities provided to her from joining this class.

Aside from her aspirations, the little things had to be taken care of first. Her backpack in place and stuffed duffel bag in hand, Deepa was set to move in. Her right hand was curled tightly around the slip of paper with her room number inscribed in gold ink and a simple yet elegant gold key. She had been informed that her roommate had already checked in, which was frightening. Was the girl’s name ahead of her alphabetically? Or perhaps she’d just taken longer than she’d thought while wandering around campus. She had needed to find food asap before she could even think about resting. All the stress and exertion of the last couple days had left her almost crippled from hunger. It had been a long time since she’d forgotten to feed herself like that. She scarfed down as many food bars and snacks as she could get and finally managed to get to a comfortable level of hunger before heading to find her residence for the next twelve years.

Her cautious steps snaked around one last bend where she found the row of rooms from 32 to 40. Two doors down was her room, 36. Her brown eyes widened as she looked at the intricately carved door sign. It took her a second of fumbling with the key to snap out of it and concentrate on unlocking the door. While her roommate had checked in, she may not still be in the room. Or were they a she? How did they do assignments here? The thoughts were interesting but flew out of her head as her hand wrapped around the doorknob and pushed in, bringing her into her new home.

Once again, Deepa found herself in awe of the elegance of Evercrest. The room matched the tower in being thoroughly… dignified? but not necessarily expensive. While that seemed like a weird word to use for a room, it felt accurate. She saw the window and beds and then quite quickly focused on the other girl in the room. Suddenly Deepa because starkly aware of the fact she hadn’t checked her hair in hours and the crackling dryness of the air that probably was making her hair stand on end. Her shirt was sloppy and loose and oh god, she was a mess because appearance had slipped out of her mind under the stress of application week. Oh shit, now she was just staring awkwardly. The necromancer quickly swiped her arm against her face to make sure there were no crumbs before clearing her throat and stuttering.

“Uh, hey! I’m Deepa, your roommate.”

679 words . @arwen. sorry for the wait ugh

PM
^
Arwen Hund
 Posted: Oct 2 2015, 10:37 PM
Arwen Hund
N/A

Bisexual
she/her

It wasn’t much long after Arwen settled down in the room when the door opened and her roommate walked in. She stopped almost as she stepped into the room, looking around the room with awe. But Arwen couldn’t blame her. The entire tower was just so incredible! If she wasn’t resting in the room waiting to she who her roommate would be, she probably would’ve been exploring and admiring how awesome this all was. But then again, if she did that she’d probably end up tripping all over the place because she wouldn’t be paying attention to where she was going, only looking around the beautiful architecture.

Eventually the girl made eye contact with Arwen. For a quick moment, nothing was sad and Arwen felt a little awkward. That’s when she realized she had been staring at the girl since she walked in, watching her gaze at the magnificence of the room. It wasn’t something she meant to do, and she knew a lot of people didn’t like people just staring at them. But the girl seemed a little awkward as well, and she spoke up first, introducing herself.

Arwen raised a hand to wave at her, curling her fingers and giving her a friendly smile. ”Hi, Deepa! My name’s Arwen. It’s, um, nice to meet you!” She didn’t know what to do for a second, and decided to just hold out her hand to shake her new roommate’s hand. So far, she didn’t seem rude or anything. Arwen was sure that if she was a mean-spirited person it would've shown in the way she greeted her. But since her greeting was friendly, she had high hopes.
@deepa . 277 words
PMEmail
^
Deepa Enmal
 Posted: Nov 24 2015, 03:14 AM
Deepa Enmal
N/A

pansexual / homoromantic
she/her

Awkwardness hung in the air for a few moments as the two girls composed their initial impressions of each other. But her greeting was not abandoned, and her roommate responded with her own introduction. Deepa returned the smile and went to go shake her hand, except her hands were full with bags.

“Ah, sorry!” She dropped her yellow duffel on the bed and brushed down her shirt then walked up to Arwen and shook her hand firmly. As she watched Arwen’s hair swish with their movement, she wondered in the back of the mind how that conversation would come up. Obviously she knew better than to imagine falling for her roommate, but maybe that was something she’d want to know? Or maybe it would just make her uncomfortable. Deepa forced herself to smile a little wider again and distract herself from unnecessary thoughts. They’d literally just met, and she was tired as hell.

”I can’t believe we’re finally done with all of that. Gotta say, this has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life.” The necromancer sighed and headed back to her bed. ”How’d you manage to finish unpacking already? I swear, I just feel like passing out for the next five days. I’d feel bad waking up to the mess though, so I guess I might as well finish now.”

-----

The week had maintained its utter surrealness. Everything here was just too big and fancy for her to really believe that she was going to stay here. She didn’t have to work to take care of herself. Her muscles ached from the long runs and hikes she’d been taking to explore the area. Staying still and admiring just made her feel more out of place. Deepa had managed a meeting with her mentor, though she wasn’t quite sure what to make of him. Everything here was just completely out of her element.

The necromancer quickly opened up her room and headed inside, then noted Arwen’s presence. They hadn’t seen too much of each other, mainly because Deepa spent her free time covering ground and was too exhausted to delve into details with her roommate when she returned. Plus, she wasn’t quite sure how to live with someone who didn’t know where she came from, dirt poor and scrambling from job to job. But she wanted to try. It just sucked that she didn’t know where to start.

“Hey how’s it going?” Deepa asked over her shoulder and she went through her dresser to grab sweatpants to change into. Lifting up a heavy grey pair, she happened upon the bottle of white wine her innkeeper had bestowed on her when Deepa finally left to try out at Evercrest. It was her favorite and tonight seemed like a good night to crack it open. But drinking by herself seemed a little odd, especially with her roommate right by her.

“Hey Arwen, do you drink?” She turned toward the other girl, bottle in hand.

500 words . @arwen. ??

PM
^
Arwen Hund
 Posted: Dec 1 2015, 01:43 AM
Arwen Hund
N/A

Bisexual
she/her

Arwen spent the rest of that week orienting herself around the Gold Tower, as well as the rest of the campus. She went anywhere she was allowed, and made a couple more friends. That was good. It helped her get in a better mood about coming here, which she wanted to have since being back in Xidwin. Things were looking up, and she was glad.

After a particularly exciting day, hanging out with friends and learning how the different classes worked here at Evercrest, Arwen returned to her dorm and sat down on her bed. It wasn’t until she was sitting did she realize how much she had been walking today. She sighed, rubbing her legs to try and soothe them. She lied down on the bed, stretching and reliving the pleasant memories she gained over the week.

It wasn’t that long later when she heard the door open. It was Deepa. They hadn’t seen each other much, sometimes in the morning as they were getting ready for the day or at night before going to bed. They both had different sleep schedules, though, so it wasn’t very often that it happened. Deepa spoke to Arwen as she browsed through her drawer.

Arwen sat up, moving some of her hair out of her face. “Hi, Deepa. It’s been pretty good. I’ve been keeping myself busy.” She was about to ask how she had been doing, but that’s when Deepa turned to face Arwen with a bottle of…wine? How long had she had that? Arwen never really had more than a small drink of any alcoholic beverage, mostly because she was never in the right company to or she didn’t have enough time to really enjoy any.

”I never did drink a whole lot, but, um, I'm not turning down the idea now.” She shrugged. ”Have you had that this whole time?”
@deepa . 311 words
PMEmail
^
Deepa Enmal
 Posted: Dec 28 2015, 02:58 AM
Deepa Enmal
N/A

pansexual / homoromantic
she/her

She smiled, glad to hear her roommate had a good day. But when the girl turned to face her, Deepa wasn’t too sure how to judge her expression. Obviously it was a bit of a surprise, but she didn’t seem too upset, hopefully. Her answer didn’t seem overly angry either, though the question at the end could be a little suspicious. Deepa offered a smile and put the bottle down on her bed gently before yanking a hairtie off her wrist and pulling her mass of hair up into a sloppy bun which hopefully looked better than it usually did. Whatever, they were roommates after all. She turned her back to her and began changing while she spoke, hoping it didn’t make Arwen too uncomfortable.

“Well that’s good to hear, though I’m not gonna pressure you into anything. And uh, yeah I have. A friend of mine gave it to me before I came up here. Um, I wasn't like trying to hide it or anything though, just trial week didn't seem like a good time to chance a hangover. Plus, drinking by yourself is no fun.” She cast a glance back over at Arwen to try and gauge how she was feeling about it. She’d pulled on her shirt and sweatpants by now and grabbed the bottle off the bed, moving toward the little drawer by their sink to grab cups. She delicately placed one cup on the counter. Was it crossing boundaries? Hopefully it wasn’t too weird. Deepa picked up a second cup and turned to gesture toward Arwen, eyes questioning. “You wanna share?”

253 words . @arwen

PM
^
Arwen Hund
 Posted: Jan 19 2016, 09:18 PM
Arwen Hund
N/A

Bisexual
she/her

Since first meeting Deepa and getting to know her way around Evercrest, she had met plenty of different types of people with different thoughts about how to live life. So she didn’t try to judge or think differently of other people because they were brought up differently from her. When Deepa began to casually change as she spoke to Arwen, she didn’t feel too uncomfortable because all she needed to do was glance away if she did feel too weird. They could still have a casual conversation.

Deepa explained that she’d had the wine since coming here, which Arwen figured made sense because she wasn’t sure where people could buy any around campus. Well, maybe there were vendors who sold different alcohols, but if they did Arwen hadn’t seen them. She nodded in response and said, ”Yeah, it’s fine. It just surprised to look over and see you pulling a bottle of wine out of your dresser.” She chuckled. “And you don’t need to feel like you’re ‘pressuring’ me into anything. I'm up for sharing.”

She got up and walked over to Deepa’s bed, sitting on the edge. Gods, when was the last time she had any sort of alcohol? All the times she had, it was family get togethers or other sort of special events like major holidays. With her father’s illness he couldn’t really drink, so Arwen and her brothers never felt comfortable drinking because they felt like it was disrespectful. But here, there was no reason to feel disrespectful. She was genuinely interested this time, at least just for the taste.
@deepa . 264 words
PMEmail
^
Deepa Enmal
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 08:48 PM
Deepa Enmal
N/A

pansexual / homoromantic
she/her

Deepa watched to make sure that Arwen didn’t betray any hidden discomfort in her face over the topic. But once she agreed, a grin spread over her face and she turned back to the counter to place the second glass down. She reached for her multitool lying on the counter, snapped the corkscrew out, then proceeded to pop the bottle open. The scent of wine wafted out; it was pleasant compared to some of the stuff she’d downed in her time. Of course, her history of imbibing wasn’t usually so… celebratory. Not necessary memories to reflect on, but it was unavoidable when the scent of liquor pushed further. But, Arwen was here, they were making friends of each other, and it was a good occasion today. Listening to Arwen’s declaration of surprise brought a small smile to her face.

“I mean, it’s definitely not the strangest place I’ve pulled alcohol out of.” The necromancer snickered before angling more toward Arwen who was now perched on the bed. “Do you like wine? Or rather I should ask, is there anything in particular you do prefer?” She poured one glass of the bubbly white delicately, tilting it a little to maintain the carbonation but let it settle. Her gaze flicked over to Arwen and smiled.

“Is this enough, or would you like more? Actually, maybe it’s better that we both try it before committing further.” Deepa poured half of the second glass as well then let the bottle rest on the counter before holding one of the glasses out to her roommate.

“Hmm, to the beginning of a successful career as dragon riders?”

253 words . @arwen

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

RPG-D
0 words