we're active! most of our chat is on our discord server! come say hello!

Add Reply
New Poll

Bananas
Halon Corvant a level Elf (Javeh) from Egivelyn
From the moment Kalall came to Halon, saying he had to go on an “urgent” mission, he knew it wasn’t what it seemed. She gave him a sealed package, which he wasn’t supposed to open until he got to Tatu. It would have all the details of the mission on it.

She also told him he had to take her current student, an elf-wizard named Cerise Taurins. Of course, he didn’t mind taking an extra student. Unless she was a miniature version of Kalall. He already dealt with her as a student, he didn’t want to mess with anyone like her again. They didn’t say much to each other before and during the flight to Tatu. He wanted them to get to Tatu first, figure out what they were doing. Besides, Halon wasn’t very good at talking to strangers.

In Tatu, Halon decided that they should stay in Ponyville. It was a good city to stay in. They booked rooms in a hotel near the center of the city, and finally once they got settled they read their copies of the letter Kalall put in the package, to figure exactly what was going on.

Soap. Soap? Halon sighed when he read the letter. Well, he shouldn’t be that surprised. He knew the mission wouldn’t be that serious. This was the first mission, after all. But still, soap? ”I expect you to already know what my favorite smells are.”

Halon sighed, and for the first time in a long time he was glad he was Kalall’s student. It had been 12 years since he was a student here, but he remembered a lot about Kalall. She was obsessed with bananas, so that was her favorite soap. Now, looking for the best banana soap in Tatu, that could be a problem. If he remembered correctly, he only went on a mission to Tatu once before, but he hadn’t gone to Ponyville.

After reading over the letter in detail, making sure he knew exactly what he was doing. He walked down the hall to Cerise’s hotel room. He knocked on the door, and called out to her. “Uh, Cerise? You…you ready to go?”
@cerise . 361 words . wow this is short sorry
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
37 years
Mentor
male [he/him]
Demisexual
Cerise Taurins a level Elf-Wizard from Copun

Somehow, the ride there had been even worse than Cerise had feared it would be. Not that it was really all that awful in the “something terrible and unspeakable” happened kind of way, but it was quite stiflingly awkward. Or maybe she was the only one who was awkward, which would definitely have made it awkward for her substitute mentor because he had to deal with a small kid freaking out on the next dragon. Any way that she spun it made it terrible. Cerise almost wished she was with Kalall who would talk any trip away with ease. Not that she disliked her substitute. Halon was nice enough from appearances, since that’s all she really had to go off of. He hadn’t made much conversation, which was of course understandable since she wasn’t even his student but it certainly did put her on edge. She had to relax, just relax.

This was her first assignment as a sorcerer in Evercrest Academy, so it was granted that she couldn’t mess up. She would do her very best, as she promised herself when she accepted her position into the class. So far, they had made their way safely to Tatu and stayed the night in Ponyville. Also, that was practically all she knew about their mission. The details were sealed in a packet entrusted to Halon, and for whatever reason they were not allowed to peek until the morning of the first full day. And after a long night of staring at her roof, it was finally time for Cerise to learn what her mission was.

The sun had barely risen but Cerise was already busy. In her opinion, she excelled at performing with no sleep and to someone who only saw her in the moment, it might appear so. She’d pulled out her journal and written in it. The bed was made, all the towels were folded again and the lamps were all straightened out. Everything was in order but the redhead was still undeniably jittery. Would Halon even tell her the mission? Maybe she wasn’t to be trusted?! Or even worse he just didn’t like her and wanted to leave her in the dark. Cerise stopped and tried to breathe slowly to calm her racing heart. She always got herself worked up over nothing and it made everything a thousand times harder than it had to be. Just… calm.

A few minutes later, a soft knock came from her door. She jumped at the sound and smoothed out her t-shirt quickly. Her shorts were down to her knees for safety’s sake but she couldn’t deal with jeans due to the heat of Tatu. “Yeah just a sec!” Grabbing her backpack, the young sorcerer ran to the door and opened it, smiling nervously. “Ready to go, uh… sir?”

472 words . @halon . i didnt wanna find my normal template

survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
75 years
Student
female [she/her]
asexual / panromantic
Halon took a step away from the door when he heard the student reply. The door opened, and Cerise appeared. She seemed nervous, even though Halon couldn’t blame her. They were on their first mission, in a whole other country. And the two of them were little more than strangers. Halon would be lying in he said he wasn’t even a little bit nervous. Years in the navy did help him with showing it, though.

”Yeah, let’s go.” He started to lead the two of them out of the hotel. ”But, uh, you don't need to worry about calling me ‘sir’ and everything. Just call me Halon.” Even though Cerise wasn’t his actual student, he wanted to have a strong, friendship-like bond with her. He understood how she felt, though. When he was a student, his mentor was Kalall Formeweaver, the class head. She could be…well, Kalall. There was no other way to describe that woman. But Halon knew that if he could make it twelve years with her, anyone could.

When they were in the lobby of the hotel, Halon stopped and turned to Cerise. ”Alright, uh, so I don’t know what you were looking forward to when we got this mission. But I'm telling you now, it’s not going to be very, well, exciting. Not in my opinion, at least.” He had no idea what to say, and he felt like he was making a fool of himself. He scratched his head, looking at the redhead carefully. ”So our wonderful class head sent us all the way to Tatu…to get soap.” He pulled out a wad of bills out of his pocket, all with Kalall’s face on them.

”Since I was her student once,” Halon continued, handing Cerise some oolm bills, ”I know what kind of soap she’s looking for specifically. She didn’t say in the letter, assuming we already knew, but her favorite is banana soap. Hopefully there are nearby shops that sell soup she’ll accept.” He put what money he didn’t give Cerise back in his pockets, and took a deep breath. ”Do you, uh, have any questions?”

@cerise . 352 words
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
37 years
Mentor
male [he/him]
Demisexual

Cerise nodded, relieved that he seemed to be a more casual person than she's initially assumed. Halon... Hopefully she could learn a lot from him! Even if he wasn't her mentor, they were both sorcerers that would get the opportunity to train together over the course of the next twelve years. They were all going to be like one big family. The young wizard sighed as she daydreamed of meeting all her classmates and becoming friends and Kalall coming to like her and all cooking and enjoying food together in the dining halls. It would be so nice in a few years.

Her bubble of pleasant dreams was popped as Halon stopped in front of her in the lobby and she was forced to stop before running straight into him. That would have been awfully embarrassing. She looked up at him expectantly, slightly surprised when she heard him begin to discuss the mission. It wouldn't be exciting? How could a mission not be exciting? They were sorcerers after all, nothing they did could be not exciting! Though watching him think about what he was saying next made her a little more nervous. Was his expression grim? Were they off collecting money from someone who owed the academy? Could people even owe the academy? Wouldn't that be an eraser's job? They didn't kill people! Well, they probably did but on the first mission?! She wasn't trained enough for this. Unconsciously she had leaned forward with widened eyes, anxiously listening to know what they had been sent off to do. When he finally said it, Cerise almost didn't believe it. For one, she had managed to get herself way too worked up in those few short seconds for it to be something so mundane. And second, why would she possibly need soap all the way from Tatu? Why did she need to pay all with her face? Even if she did appreciate a particular soap from here couldn't she just get it ordered to the academy or something? Why did she need to send out resources - okay, maybe untrained students weren't resources yet - just for that? Well, thinking back to the little she knew about Kalall, perhaps it almost made sense. It would benefit her as well as give the new students some world experience. But hadn't she sent a bunch of them out? Why did she need that much soap? Maybe Kalall was secretly stinky and just didn't want to tell anyone so she made them buy her tons of soap under the guise of missions.

Cerise's face reflected her confusion to some degree as she took the bills from Halon. Each of them were different sizes of Kalall's face looking at her, and she wondered about her class head and mentor yet again. Considering the way Halon spoke of her, that second guessing never really went away. She pocketed the money and quietly played with the end of her hair as Halon finished. Banana soap, they were here for banana scented soap. When he asked her about questions the girl looked back up at him and shrugged. She could complain but hey, she was out in Tatu for the first time. She was being trusted to get something for an important, flamboyant but still important, person. It was a mission for her class head, and as a sorcerer she should be happy with the experience and do her best. With a small shake of her head, a smile emerged. "It's weird, but I think I've got it. Where do we start?" She looked around again before deciding she did have more questions. "Have you been to Tatu before, Halon? Did you have to do something weird like this when you started?"

472 words . @halon . sorry shes so strange sighs

survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
75 years
Student
female [she/her]
asexual / panromantic
Halon noticed that Cerise seemed pretty excited for their mission, even though she didn’t know what they were doing until he told her. He wondered what she was thinking they were going to do. He hated to have her think they were going to do something super cool and exciting only to tell her they were looking for soap. But that’s what they were there to do, so of course he had no choice but to tell her. He could see the confusion on Cerise’s face, and when he asked if she had questions she shrugged.

When Cerise asked where they should start, Halon looked out towards the street. Before he answered, Cerise asked a couple more questions. These questions were about him, not the mission, but Halon didn’t mind answering them. The more they knew about each other, the less awkward it would be for him. Hopefully. ”I’ve been to Tatu once before for a mission, but I don’t exactly remember what for. I vaguely remember the layout of the city, but probably not as much as I wish.” He started to walk to the front entrance, but grabbed a map of the whole city, as well as different areas where he assumed they’d find a couple stores.

”Back when I was a student, I did go on a lot of strange missions like this,” Halon continued as they walked outside. ”I was Kalall’s student two class cycles ago, which is probably why she put you with me. But anyway, in the beginning I remember going off on a couple missions that I thought were pointless. But as time goes by, we’ll be set on other missions that will definitely help train you to be a better sorcerer.” He thought back to when he was a student, before he went to the navy. Yes, lots of what he did then helped him improve with his magic and make him a better person in general.

With the maps in hand, Halon and Cerise started to walk down the street. ”So, Cerise.” He glanced over at her. ”Do you want to tell me a bit about yourself? Why you came to Evercrest, or something?”
@cerise . 363 words
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
37 years
Mentor
male [he/him]
Demisexual

The redhead was happy that Halon obliged to answering all her silly questions. He could have refused on the basis that they were on a mission and had more important things to tend to, but that more important thing would be soap so perhaps the questions were almost more interesting. She wouldn’t assume anything of course. Unfortunately he didn’t know the place, so they’d have a bit of exploring to do. Well, that didn’t have to be unfortunate! This was an opportunity to explore Ponyville! She had never even dreamed of getting to come here on her own, not that she’d really wanted to, but now that it happened it could be great. Cerise eagerly grabbed a map from the side as well, unfolding it to look at the sprawling picture of the Tatian capital.

The young wizard followed a step behind her substitute mentor, eyes wide with wonder as she entered the streets. There were people everywhere. It was different from the way that students crowded the halls of Evercrest before exams, or even the lines for the ferry back in the port town at home. There were so many people, out and about, just living their normal lives right in front of her, completely at random and irrelevant to one another. It was amazing! Her attention strained to stay on Halon as he described his experience with mentorship. He’d been Kalall’s student too, which seemed… scary, for him anyway. He seemed so passive, the idea of him dealing with all the grandeur that was Kalall made her cringe. Then again, she wasn’t in much of a better place. She nodded in acknowledgement as he assured her that the missions to come would be more useful. How nice of him.

“That must have been rough, but hey, you’re here now right?” Her thin lips curled up in a beaming grin, feeling more and more optimistic about this adventure. She had to scuttle up a few steps when he started moving and then turned her head up toward him as he asked about herself.

“Me? I’m not sure what there is to say about me really… I’m just a little kid, I lived with my family up in the mountains, but I’m originally from Copun. That’s why my Alluumnian is a little funny, since we only speak elvish with our grandmother.” Her face flushed a little with embarrassment; Halon certainly didn’t need to know all that. “Uh sorry, bit much. Um, I guess I’m here because of my brother? Or I don’t know, that sounds silly. It’s more because I wanted to do something to help my parents out, do something worthwhile? I’m not too good at regular studies, so I figured I could give it a shot. And well, my brother’s here at Evercrest too, but we never doubted that he could get in. He was born for this place…” More rambling. Her gaze had wandered all over the street so she shook her head and looked back at her mentor. “Do you have any siblings?”

511 words . @halon . sorry shes so strange cont

survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
75 years
Student
female [she/her]
asexual / panromantic
The two walked down the streets of Ponyville and while Halon answered Cerise’s questions and shared small talk with her, he was still watching out for stores that sold banana-scented soap. Gods, he still couldn’t get over the fact that this was the first mission. But still, why would he expect anything different from his old mentor? It was obvious that after all this time she didn’t really change.

Cerise started to talk about her and where she came from. Halon raised an eyebrow when she said she was from Copun. Yes, that would explain why she had trouble speaking Alluumnian as clearly as most. But he encountered all sorts of people from all over Alksheist so it was nothing new for him. She paused, feeling embarrassed from apparently spilling too much. Halon respected that. If she didn’t want to tell him too much about her right off the bat, it made sense and he wasn’t going to force her to tell him all about her.

That’s when she started talking about her brother. It made Halon smile, because it reminded him of himself and John. They had decided to join Evercrest together, as well. He was still listening to her as she talked, but he started to smell something new. It smelled like soap, or at least cleaning utensils in general which could lead to soap. But as he started to look for which shop was selling the soap, Cerise asked if he had siblings.

”I have a brother, too.” he turned to Cerise with a smile. ”We came to Evercrest together, and he ended up a crusader while I became a sorcerer. I think those were good choices for us. He’s actually the crusader head now! John Corvant.” He beamed proudly. Even if she didn’t know who he was, which wouldn’t surprise him honestly, it made him proud to say he was good enough in the crusader class that the previous head wanted him to succeed him.

The soap smell got closer, and Halon moved out of the middle of the street and had the two of them stop. ”Okay, there must be a story around here who could sell the banana soap. You smell that, too, right?” He hesitated, partially to let Cerise answer but mostly to think of what to do next. ”How about this: you lead the way know, and find the soap shop. If we don’t get any of the soap we need here, we’ll keep going. Sound like a plan?”
@cerise . 417 words . yay learning about each other
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
37 years
Mentor
male [he/him]
Demisexual

It was encouraging that Halon smiled at her after all that insecure rambling. He had a brother too! Her blues eyes shined up at his as he talked about his brother with an admiration similar to her own, well she assumed it was similar. Cerise made a small sound at hearing he was the crusader head. Did she remember him? Vaguely, a gruff looking man on the end of the table. But being a magical hybrid, she didn’t really qualify for the crusader class and hadn’t paid as much attention to it as she should have.

“That’s really awesome! Obviously, it’s cool that you did sorcerers too, since obviously sorcerers are pretty cool, and you’re back here now so it must actually be a cool thing to do. Hopefully.” She bit her lip and mulled over the projectile words she just spewed and internally groaned. She really needed to figure out how not to ramble. But thankfully Halon seemed distracted by something and she took the opportunity to stop and wait attentively for him to bring up what was on his mind.

At his mention, Cerise lifted her head a little higher and sniffed, letting the soft fragrance of soaps wash over her. “Um, yeah! I think so!” He hesitantly gave her a plan and she felt her shoulders stiffen. She was supposed to lead them through the streets of Ponyville? Her cheeks flushed a little and she convinced herself that it was really quite minimal, after all Halon was still right there. But then again she could just embarrass herself and then he would tell Kalall who would ditch her as her apprentice for good and throw her out of the academy and she’d probably have to find work to convince her family she wasn’t worthless. Admittedly, that was over-dramatic but it could happen, like a .00001% chance. But in this moment, she’d have to do it.

“Um, okay? I’ll do my best!” The redhead nodded with false confidence and turned back toward the bustling street to allow her panic to break onto her face. What was any of this? Maybe she should walk with her eyes closed and follow her nose? No, that was utterly stupid. A deep breath in, hold it, long breath out. This was fine. Just look for soap. ”You know what soap is dumbo, just look.” Walking forward, her eyes scanned the street stalls. It took another minute but finally the wall of one shop struck her, filled with many rows of boxes and bottles of tubes with discord smells wafting out into the market. Cerise pointed out her indication to walk toward it and scampered up to the wall. Slowly, she picked one up only to be interrupted by a disgruntled looking shopkeeper. Her face froze in an awkward smile and she prayed Halon would come save her.

“Uh-um, we uh w-were just t-t-trying to find some…. soap?” Her voice might as well have been the squeak of a mouse, she wished for nothing more than to just melt into a puddle and disappear.

514 words . @halon . sorry shes so strange cont

survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
75 years
Student
female [she/her]
asexual / panromantic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll