we're active! most of our chat is on our discord server! come say hello!

Add Reply
New Poll

a whiter shade of pale, @prim
Anne-Marie Johnson a level elf from Alluum
This beautiful tragedy
is crashing into me So now you lay yourself down in this grave with shattered eyes Beautiful melodies to try and wash away the lies And this judgement day is growing near And this confession is killing me again Will you be there Will you be there by my grave Or will you be the death of me My beautiful tragedy
Clinic. She had to go to the clinic. That in itself was okay, she decided; she was a vet, and it was her job to help make sure all the dragons and other animals on campus were doing well. There was nothing wrong with the clinic, it was just meeting her mentor. She had met Primrose before, in the exams and during a brief meeting where she helped each of her apprentices pick a division of the warden class to join. Since then, she hadn't had any alone time with her mentor, but it was evidently time for that to be remedied.

Anne-Marie forced herself out of bed, to stop shaking, and to pull on one of her outfits. After pulling on her white T-shirt and leather vest and pants, Anne immediately began shaking again. Would Primrose like her? She had seemed like a friendly enough woman in their first meeting, but Anne had barely spoken, and she wasn't sure if it was just Primrose keeping up an appearance. Anne wrapped her arms around her torso, her back against the wall of her cabin.

You can do this, she repeated to herself. You can do this. Despite the soothing mantra, Anne didn't believe a word of it. She tugged on the brass goat dangling around her neck, hoping that the pendant would, in some way, help enhance her confidence. She had twelve years with Primrose! What if they didn't like each other? She made a tiny whimpering noise and wrapped her arms around herself once more. Her legs threatened to give out, so she put more weight against the wall, fighting her body to stay upright.

What's worse than meeting her is being late, she told herself, she's sure not to like me if I'm late. Anne glanced up at the clock in her cabin. Nine. Good, she was still early and had no chance of being late. That calmed her nerves slightly, and she was able to put weight on her legs again. If I leave now, I should be okay. Leave now. She nodded and started walking out of the cabin and toward the clinic.

Anne force her mind into a blank until she arrived at the rather large clinic, and she managed to enter before all her fears flooded into her. Nine, it was still close to nine, she was still early, but Primrose was nowhere to be found. What if she forgot something at the cabin? Did she need a pencil? What were they doing? Did she know enough? Anne sank into one of the chairs in the lobby, pulling her legs up to her chest. It felt like her throat was swelling shut, and she poured all her focus into breathing. Mentally, she repeated, It's going to be okay, over and over again. At least there wasn't anyone in the clinic to ask her if she was okay; not yet, anyway.

tag
words
outfit
@prim
clothes
EFFY
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
328 years
student
female [she / her]
Homosexual
Primrose Griffin a level Elf from Alluum
Primrose was up early in the morning. She planned to meet up with her student Anne-Marie, and show her the ropes in the clinic. As a Vet it was one of the most important things to understand. They had to work with wounded and sick animals, mostly dragons, so this was a very important position.

The two met during a quick meeting when she assigned students to mentors, but it wasn’t enough to get to know each other. Anne-Marie hadn’t spoken much, and Prim didn’t know if that was because everyone else was talking or if she was just the quiet type. Either way, Prim didn’t mind. Now they were going to get to understand each other and hopefully create a strong bond.

When Prim woke up, she started by looking over the plants in her room. It was growing colder than usual, so she had to make sure her plants were kept healthy. Indoors it was easy, but outside she had less control of the temperature. Of course, she could cast air-element spells to control the temperature outside as well, but they only lasted an hour or so at a time. As she was looking them over, she let out a little sigh and hoped they’d make it until she got back. ”Stay strong, my loves. I’ll be back.”

Finally Prim left her suite and headed down to ground level, using the help of trees to get around. The dragon clinic wasn’t that far from the Treehouse, not like the stables and dragonkeep. This early, there weren’t people in the clinic yet. Most of the wardens were in the Mess Hall having breakfast or just relaxing. Prim felt a little bad because she didn’t give her student much time to relax in the morning. Then again, after training she could have the day to herself, if she wanted.

When she got to the clinic, there was only one person sitting inside. It was Anne-Marie; Prim recognized her from when the meeting. She was curled up on her chair, and Prim noticed she looked nervous. Scared, even. Prim could understand where she was coming from; she was in a new place, and if she didn’t make a lot of friends yet it wouldn’t be surprising for her to be afraid. Carefully, Prim walked up to Anne-Marie. She didn’t want to startle her, if she was one to get scared easily. ”Anne-Marie? I have to admit, you look like you’ve been here a while. I'm impressed!” She grabbed a chair nearby and sat next to her. ”I'm glad we finally have a chance to know each other.” She let out a soft laugh, giving Anne-Marie a warm smile.
@Anne-Maria. 442 words
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
532 years
Class Head
female [she/her]
pansexual
This beautiful tragedy
is crashing into me So now you lay yourself down in this grave with shattered eyes Beautiful melodies to try and wash away the lies And this judgement day is growing near And this confession is killing me again Will you be there Will you be there by my grave Or will you be the death of me My beautiful tragedy
In the short time from when Anne sat down to when Primrose walked in, she had managed to coax herself into a shaking disaster. Her body was aching, and she was hardly able to keep her breathing steady. She was breathing, but it didn't feel like it; the oxygen didn't really seem to be entering her body. She squeezed her legs closer to her, trying to focus on her breathing, then someone walked in. Anne didn't look up at first, but then whoever it was that entered started talking. Talking to her. Her eyes stung.

Anne looked up and let her legs drop to the floor. It was just Primrose, and that was okay. It's okay, it's okay, she repeated while the woman pulled up a chair. The class head was striking, just as she remembered, and also kind. To be the head of a class that took care of nature, it seemed that "kindness" would have to be in their personality set. Who had ever heard of a mean warden? Her breaths finally felt like they were drawing in oxygen again, and she wasn't shaking, or not as badly, anyway. She clasped her hands together so hopefully Primrose wouldn't notice that she was shaking.

"I-I-I..." she stopped, took a breath. "I... h-h-av-aven't-t bee-en-n h-h-h-h-here long-g." It took a considerable time to form each word, and she let out a long sigh at the end of her stuttering. She just hoped her stand-in mentor for the day could understand her, and maybe not talk to her much. Anne knew she wouldn't be able to speak, not very well, and she didn't want to delay their lesson by her inability to speak.

"I-i-i-i-it's-s g-go-good to m-m-m-m-meet y-you-ou t-t-t-t-t-too," it was a formality, but Anne was glad in some sort of strange way to finally get to meet Primrose. She wasn't happy in the conventional sense -- social situations certainly were not her forte -- but she was glad that they were acquainted, that she would be trained (at least until her mentor came around) by the best warden in Alksheist. That's what class heads were, right?

Anne desperately wanted to ask what the mission for the day was, but all she could do was give Primrose a look that reflected her inner turmoil. She knew she wouldn't be able to get her voice to form the words that she needed to ask the question. Was telepathy an option? Even if it was, she doubted she could articulate her words any better by using thoughts. Even they stuttered too, sometimes, and that was to herself. She' would be as bad at telepathy as she would be with speaking, she was sure.

tag
words
outfit
@prim
clothes
EFFY
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
328 years
student
female [she / her]
Homosexual
Primrose noticed how nervous Anne was before she even spoke. She clasped her hands quickly, and Prim noticed that she was shaking ever so slightly. Social interactions must’ve been something she wasn’t good at. Prim didn’t say anything about it, though, because she knew that lots of socially anxious people grew even more nervous when someone mentioned it. So Prim wanted to make her feel as comfortable as possible, even if it required a lot of patience.

When Anne spoke, she spoke with a stutter and because of it, she tried to speak slowly to be more clear. Prim had dealt with many different types of people, so speech impediments weren’t that much of a problem for her. When she finished talking, Anne gave her a look that Prim interpreted as a face that she wanted to speak more, but was afraid of stuttering more. Prim returned her look with a comforting nod, but wasn’t sure if Anne would understand completely.

”Well, let’s get started on today’s lesson, shall we?” Prim clapped her hands together with a grin on her face. ”Since this is your first lesson, I was thinking we could go over some dragon basics. That’s partially the reason I decided to have our lesson here in the clinic. As a Vet, one of your biggest jobs will to take care of dragons that are sick and need attention.” She folded her arms, hoping Anne wouldn’t get overwhelmed by the amount of information they were going to go over today. ”We’ll probably only go over a couple dragon species today, though, and when your mentor gets here you’ll go over the rest of them in future lessons.”

Prim stood up, smiling at Anne. ”There’s a little room in the back of the clinic with books all about the different species of dragons, not just Evercrest dragons but also other dragons from all over the world.” She motioned for Anne to follow her, and started to walk. ”Do you have a particular dragon species you want to look at first? If not, I can pick one.”
@Anne-Marie. 347 words
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
532 years
Class Head
female [she/her]
pansexual
This beautiful tragedy
Primrose seemed like a very decent lady. She was patient and seemed like she was really listening. She was really listening. Maybe. Anne clenched her hands into fists, then released them. She bit the inside of her cheek while listening to Primrose talk, trying to keep eye contact with the warden head, but ending up looking over her head and at the wall behind her instead.

She was excited to learn about dragons and begin her studies. Primrose would have probably been interested to know she was bonded to a gojara, but she couldn't find the correct way to phrase that into words. She also wanted to say she grew up with drows and enjoyed being around eodai and zaire, but words failed her. The warden head would probably be genuinely interested to hear about it, too. It could maybe even make an interesting conversation.

Anne nodded politely where it would be necessary, to show she was listening. She did frown a little to learn that she probably wouldn't be able to actually work on real dragons, but learning out of a book and from an expert like Primrose would be equally as rewarding. When asked what dragon species she was interested in, there was a period of silence -- not from Anne being too nervous to speak (although that was part of it), but because she was thinking.

Eodai were gorgeous creatures, but there were many of them around the Treehouse. She could just talk to any warden to learn about them. Zirca was a gojara, and learning how to care for her own dragon would be interesting, but she had already been caring for her for two years with little to no issues. Zaire were interesting, small little creatures, but very uncommon. She bit her lip, trying to decide between gojara and zaire.

"I-I-I-I'm n-n-n-ot-t s-s-s-s-s-sure," she said honestly, clasping her hands together. "G-g-gojar-ara or z-z-z-air-aire?"

Even as the stutters left her mouth, the fear reentered her system. What if gojara and zaire were too exotic? What if they were too difficult and Primrose was mad that she picked them? Her fingernails dug into the backs of her hands, and she was quick to untangle her hands from each other so she didn't hurt herself.

tag
words
outfit
@prim
clothes
EFFY
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
328 years
student
female [she / her]
Homosexual
Primrose was surprised that Anne wanted to work on either gojara or zaire dragons first, since they weren’t as common as others. Most students she overheard learning about picked the “easier” ones, like landvættirs or archangels. Many chose landvættirs because of how simple they were compared to other dragons, and many chose archangels because of how many erasers there were and how often archangels were seen around campus.

”How about we work on gojara for now, then, because of how plain awesome they are.” They got to the side room, each wall nearly filled to the brim with books on shelves. In the middle was another table, which Prim offered Anne to sit. She started to head over to different books, looking for a specific book about the gojara species. It was one of her favorites, because it was good for learning basics but it was full of little fun facts about gojara that you wouldn’t think about otherwise.

Eventually she found it, and she pulled out from the bookshelf. ”Here we go! Gejo Gojara, my favorite.” She put the book on the table in front of Anne, and pulled out a smaller book that she could use while Anne looked through her book. ”Do you know little facts about gojara you want to share, so I don’t end up telling you anything you already know?” Prim sat down at the table across from Anne, chuckling. ”For example, their habitat, their diet, or anything about their biology? This way we won’t be wasting time going over something we don’t need to.”
@Anne-Maria. 261 words
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
532 years
Class Head
female [she/her]
pansexual
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll