we're active! most of our chat is on our discord server! come say hello!

Add Reply

question
potential recruit a level from
Hi! I'm thinking of joining. I'm reading through the rules and plot and info and all that right now and I just had a question. If the school only accepts new students every 12 years, how does one go about making a student? Do I have to wait for twelve site-years to go by before I can start roleplaying? If not, then how does it make sense for characters to be joining all the time if the school only accepts people every 12 years? I'm just a bit confused I guess. Can someone explain how this works? I'm a very literal person so please be clear. Thanks!
is
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
years
[]
scarlet a level mermaid from Lexelle
hey there!

so ic the entrance exams are every 12 years. however, we don't operate the ic roleplay day for day with irl time. our roleplay uses liquid time, as in each thread can be taking place any time from the past to present day, and you can have one character in multiple threads at any given point because it is assumed to be a different day.

when you join and have a student character accepted, you will write and post an entrance exam in the time frame of the ic exams, when every other student was there. afterward comes the dragon bonding which is also on the day of their acceptance.

next if you choose to do an introduction post with your assigned mentor, your post will be in the implied time frame of the first week or so of the term, after exam week and their class orientation.

afterward, liquid time means you can make posts on the day we are on in ic roleplay (aka according to the date/weather at the top of the site) or any point before that, even if it's past interactions with characters before the academy. just clearly mark threads with a subtitle if it happened before the academy.

if it helps, think about it as you writing a bio for one of the many many previously background characters that are assumed to be there. it is played out as if your character has in fact been there since the beginning of the school year and your threads just fill in the gaps.

hopefully that made a little bit of sense? if not, another admin/mod can try their hand at it! it seems a little unwieldy at first but it basically means that we get a lot of freedom in terms of rping at our own pace.
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
ethereal years
noodle
mystery [they/them]
pan demiace/aro
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply