we're active! most of our chat is on our discord server! come say hello!

Add Reply

Suggestion! and a question!
micci a level n/a from Alluum
So starting out on the site is a little bit scary and overwhelming! There is SO much to read and to know ...etc. So I was thinking maybe get a start-up guide? Something that pretty much guides each person through the start-up process from creating a character to the entrance exams? I wouldn't mind writing all this out and doing this for you guys (cause it seems like with the wiki and stuff you have a lot on your hands)? But I am still a little bit confused with how things work so I will have a couple of questions and stuff.

Also how do the entrance exams work? How do we write that post or start it? (Im gonna go read around now and stuff so if I find the answer I will edit the post)
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
21 years
n/a
[]
tori a level 4444444 God from Alluum
thanks for mentioning this c: I think that we played with the idea a while ago but kind of forgot about it. ty for saying something c:
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
21 years
uhm idk
female [she/her]
heterosexual
overlord pony a level 45 Centaur from Tatu
we are actually incorporating a starter's guide into our wiki, so it will be a thing in the near future! c:
(if you have any suggestions as to what exactly to put on it, that would be great, since we're just kinda feeling our way along lol)

the entrance exams take place after a trial week, which is not roleplayed. (if you would like to roleplay it, however, we can arrange something) the way it works is, after your character is accepted, you create your character account and post one in the correct exam place. students will deal with current class heads; mentors' exams will be from when they were students, however many years ago that would have been. the interested class heads will offer the student/mentor a place in their class; if it appeals to none of them, the student/mentor will be rejected admission into the school. this hasn't happened ever in roleplay, but it is commonplace so keep that in mind if you plan on making sibling/family characters. evercrest is prestigious; less than 50% of all the applicants that come to trial week will be accepted. (but, like i said, we've yet to deny someone's character admission into the school lol)

after the interested heads post, then the student/mentor will post again stating which class they picked. even if they are only offered one class, this is required. then an admin will post an accepted block with your character's student/mentor and dragon pairings.
(it is also possible to ask questions to the heads questions, talk, ect. at this time, think of it as a regular roleplay. just really short in terms of how many posts go into it lol)

after exams, if your char is accepted, they will be sent to the eyrie above the school if they are magic by the class head to call a dragon; nonmagics will be led by their class head to the nursery to hatch a dragon. this is roleplayed on the dragon bonding board, and you get to meet your new dragon! dragon pairs are handpicked by the admins to make functional pairings.

as for how the actual exam post is formatted, it's something like this:
description of waiting, then the name caller calls their name
enter exam room
show off any and all skills: fighting, magic, oratory, stealth, ect ect whatever
then they give a short speech as to why they should be accepted into evercrest, and the exam is over and they wait to be responded to

most exam posts are upwards of five paragraphs long, but so long as they are complacent with the site's word limit, you're good to go.

UHMMM I FELT LIKE I NEED TO SAY SOMETHING ELSE BUT IDK WHAT IT IS UGH
but yeah basic run-down of that lol

OH YEAH: exams last about a week (no stops) so the later your character's name is in the alphabet, the later they are called and the more asleep and grumpy the heads are lol and they could have their exam at like 3am or something XD
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
20 years
overlord
androgynous [lor / lurr / lordself]
gynesexual aromantic
micci a level n/a from Alluum
Pony that is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you! Formatting helps as well =D

If I have any suggestions I will def let you know! But I will wait and see what's there when its up because you guys probably got it right anyways xD You just seem so busy!!
survival
combat
knowledge
constitution
21 years
n/a
[]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply